Saturday 2 April 2005

Film: The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou


**** USA. 118 min. Colour 2004. Directed by Wes Anderson. Written by Wes Anderson + Noah Baumbach. Cast: Bill Murray, Owen Wilson, Cate Blanchett, Anjelica Huston, Willem Dafoe, Jeff Goldblum

05.01.04.05 @ 7pm FFF: Innis Town Hall with Adam.

I heart this film. This was my second time seeing it, ironically, the first time I saw the film was with his other roommates. Like other Wes Anderson's films, The Life Aquatic is filled with interesting characters. I always love how his film, in particular The Royal Tenenbaums and his latest, has a sense of timelessness to it since he used all these interesting yet wickedly smart vintage looking gadgets in the film. It looks retro yet modern, but quite imaginative, I could never put a finger on when the story is taking place in the past, modern or future.

I love all the nerdy jokes in the film. Pelé Dos Santos (played by Seu Jorge) in between scenes acoustic Portuguese cover of David Bowie, The Zombies and Iggy Pop was absolute GOLD! My favourite character has to be Klaus Daimler (played by Willem Dafoe) who always wanted the appreciation to be on the "A Team". The aquasuits scene was tops as well as Klaus had shorts and Pelé's was sleeveless. I love detailed oriented films, not necessary the plot but the props. I want a pair of Zissou Adidas and the Zissou Society ring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...