|1-2 lbs||Chicken Pieces (skin on, boneless optional)|
|2 stalk||Lemongrass (finely chopped and bruised)|
|2||Green Onion, thinly sliced|
|1 clove||Garlic, finely minced|
|1 pinch||Chili Flakes|
|1/4 tsp||White Pepper|
|1 small||Onion, julienned|
|1/4 cup||Chicken Stock|
|2 tbsp||Granulated Sugar|
|2 tbsp||Fish Sauce|
|Roasted Chopped Peanuts (Optional)|
|Chopped Cilantro (optional)|
1. In a ziplock bag, mix lemongrass, green onions and garlic.
2. Marinate chicken pieces with salt and white pepper with a touch of toasted sesame oil
3. Add chicken to ziplock bag, and mix it about and let it marinate overnight or at least for 30 minutes. This is also the time if you want to split the portions and put some into the freezer.
4. Heat wok/pan in med-high heat, add oil. When oil is hot, add chili flakes and let it fry for 30 seconds. Add chicken pieces and brown both sides.
5. Add chicken stock and let it cook for a few minutes until some liquid has been evaporated, stir in onion and cook until chicken is cooked.
6. Sprinkle sugar and fish sauce. Cook for another 30 seconds to a minute. Dish up, garnish with chopped roasted peanuts and cilantro. Serve on a bed of steamed jasmine rice.