Wednesday 21 March 2007

Fashion: I'm Not A Plastic Bag



Anya Hindmarch has agreed to design an environmental bag for We Are What We Do. Due to popular demand, the website has stopped taking pre-orders. The snobby fashionista Dover Street Market's waiting list for the bag was also full and has refused to take down any more names. The website announced there is a small limited quantity available in the Anya stores, Harrods and Harvey Nichols on 20 March, 2007.

On the day of, I got to the Notting Hill location half an hour before the store opens. The queue was all the way around the corner already. I was about 75 people in queue. Surprisingly, there were lots of unfashionable looking "men" in the queue. Possibly queuing for e-bay or for their stylish girlfriends/wives. There was a 2 bags per customer policy. The lady in front of me actually had her mum at Harrods lining up for the bag. Good strategy. I was just one horse man since Elodie has to work. I would have bought a couple more if I could. After waiting for an hour and a half, finally got into the store and got the bags!!

The limited quantities have been sold out. There will be more available across nation at Sainsbury's on 25th April, 2007. But Elodie and I can enjoy our bag a month before everyone else!

Check my photoblog here for the photos I took that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...