Thursday 29 March 2007

Gig 06: Damien Rice - Hammersmith Apollo


Damien Rice // Fionn Regan
02.27.04.07 @ Hammersmith Apollo
(Queen Caroline Street London W1)

Elodie wasn't feeling well, I accompanied her to Hammersmith Apollo (not Palais this time) to see her favourite, Damien Rice. The venue was quite packed as we arrived. It was size a tad smaller than Massey Hall without seats on the Orchestra level. We missed the support act but we made it in time for the headliner. We located ourselves near the front onto one side of the stage. Poor Elodie kept sitting down half the show as she wasn't feeling too well. I've never seen Damien Rice at all, but heard lots of great things about him and now I know why.

The best part was the encore, where he rang too much wine whilst telling the audience the story during "Cheers Darlin'". "The Blower's Daughter" was the song that blew me away and left me almost had tears in my eyes.

The Professor/La fille danse
Elephant
Volcano
Older Chests
Coconut Skins
She Comes Out so slow (on piano) one verse >>> into Rootless Tree
Random Man on the Motorway
Delicate
Me My Yoke and I
Dogs >>> aborted
Baby Sister
Amie >>> spaceship effect >>> Sex Change >>> Eskimo
I Remember

***

Cheers Darlin'
The Blower's Daughter

Cannonball (2nd encore - acoustic)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...